If you are having connectivity problems (disconnection or lag) clearing out the cache (called Flushing) can help resolve the issue or improve your connection.
How to Flush the DNS
1. Press the Windows Key (the key on the left side of the spacebar, between ctrl and alt).
2. Type cmd
3. Right-click the Command Prompt shortcut and select Run as Administrator from the drop-down menu.
4. You should now see a black window with white letters. This is the Command Prompt.
5. Type ipconfig /release in the Command Prompt.
6. Press Enter
7. Type ipconfig /renew in the Command Prompt.
8. Press Enter
9. Type ipconfig /flushdns in the Command Prompt.
10. Press Enter
11. Close the Command Prompt and attempt to make a connection.